We all have different ideas about our Christmas wreath. I hadn’t made one before so wanted it to be very simple and use foliage from the garden. I was really pleased how this turned out.
- Three willow whips 1/2cm diameter and just over a metre long
- Holly *
- Black florists wire
Creating the wreath
- Twist the willow together, and bend to form a circle, wire in place.
- Lay the holly on top then hold with wire.
- Wrap the ivy around the frame
- Poke the ends of the euonymous through the twists in the frame
- wire everything together as necessary, and create a hook to hangout
We all have different plants in our garden, some, like the ivy are seen as a nuisance so its great to give it a good use. I’d love to see what you have used from garden to make a wreath.
*I used Japanese holly, the leaves are smaller and less spiky than traditional holly.