Hi I am Cath
I live in beautiful East Yorkshire, England and love crafting especially spinning. To use my stash I knit, crochet and weave. However like many crafters I am always exploring linked ideas so I sew, felt and wood turn too.
I have created since I was a toddler. My first earnings was from selling home made dolls’ clothes at primary school. I sewed and knitted my way through college, hemming my dress on the bus to the graduation ball. I have cross-stitched and embroidered, created quilts and silk ribbon pictures. I was (and still am) a poly-crafter.
I have organised courses for groups of friends for years, either with external tutors or teaching myself. I taught spinning informally on an individual basis too. Some friends were wanting to pay for my time, and complaining there were not many craft classes locally so I took deep breath and decided to convert our annexe to a crafting area and see if there was a demand for courses.
Thinking about our craft courses I decided that I wanted
- to continue to enjoy a personal relationship with courses members so classes are small, never more than six.
- work with talented tutors who had a positive approach to teaching
- to be environmentally aware
- to make the setting welcoming and relaxing
- provide a high quality, fun experience